Friday 19 September 2014

Just Bliss - Vintage Patterns 3

So far, Jeff has escaped the inevitable and unenviable position of guinea pig for my designs.  Many men are not so lucky, as evidenced by this wickedly awesome tumblr "dedicated to the wretched creatures abused for economic gains by their Etsy girlfriends"- Sad Etsy Boyfriends.  But that could all change if I were to start applying my skills to some of these true remarkable patterns.  We've already seen the suspected Pom-Pom Killer, but there are so many other stellar options.

Clark is both honoured and dismayed.
Honoured to be featured in the Guinness Book of Records,
dismayed to find it's for the world's ugliest tie.
 Let's begin with accessories.  Every man's wardrobe should include a solid black silk tie.  Other ties based on need and taste should also be included.  I can even get behind one or two novelty ties for the Christmas season, though I am likely in the minority.  Granted, I don't always have my finger on the pulse of men's fashion, but I don't think that one needs a 'crochet tie for the country look', nor do I believe that this tie is or was ever 'right in fashion' as claimed by the pattern.

Full frontal coverage also helps in those awkward
situations when your secretary wears that extra tight
angora sweater and mini skirt.  Good golly, what
women get away with these days.











Some days call for a button down shirt, but not a tie, and certainly not a jacket.  What do you do?  This guy was lucky enough to have a significant other not only to make him a dickey, but this exceptional sweater vest.  He was even luckier to have that significant other understand that it's not only important to keep the core of your body warm, but the boys warm too - a double dickey, if you will.


Hmm, tell me Charles, have you heard the crazy stories that the folks in the North are
telling us about Franklin?  Through my bathtub reenactments, I can tell you
they are completely divorced from reality.  Best ignore them until the 21st century.
Art hey, well isn't that the damnedest thing.
Sweaters are an important part of any Canadian wardrobe.  It's cold as heck in the winter here in Nova Scotia.  And, we're very environmental conscious in this house (also cheap), so we try very hard to layer rather than crank the furnace.  I actually have nothing in particular against these sweaters, except that they're knit in a very fine gauge and I have the attention span of a small child.  I'm more interested in the staging for the photo.  How do they come up with these things?  Does the yarn company still own these sculptures, because holy heck, they're gorgeous, and I can't even begin to think what they'd be worth these days.  Somehow though, I doubt very much the political correctness of the conversation.

Happy Friday everyone!

xo
s. 







No comments:

Post a Comment